See it! Own it!

Adventurous adopted a mantra. This mantra is "see it, own it." 

When we see a mess, we own that mess! While taking responsibility for our own messes is the top priority, for some messes it can be hard to identify whose job it should be, and this is when this mantra is helpful.

I see the students living this mantra! I see students voluntarily fixing disorganized bookshelves and watering our plant. I observe students picking up bouquets of stray pencils and returning them to our supply caddy. I hear students volunteering to straighten our wall displays.

Ms. Rachuri heard us chanting "see it, own it!" and came to our room the other day to ask me about this great new mantra we've adopted.

From our covenant:

Adventurous is a cohort that cares about neatness and personal space. Because we care about sharing space, we commit to:

1) Asking permission before touching people or their things.
2) Cleaning our personal space so our whole space is neat.
3) Cleaning as we go

I am grateful for this conscientious and enthusiastic group!

At the Apollo Theater.
A handful of Adventurous students were enthused about selfies

Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus