First Few Days...

Dear families,

It's only been a few days since school has started, but I have observed so many ways that the Courageous cohort has worked at becoming a community. As we focus on building good habits of heart, mind, learning, and work, I want to highlight through pictures a few ways that the students have demonstrated these habits.




On the first day, students went around asking each other a "get-to-know" question. They showed how to listen and respond well. They also were able to celebrate how we are similar and different.




On Tuesday, we happened to be very early for worship, and I was thankful for their flexibility. As we waited, they continued to listen and respond to each other with respect and laughter. They found small ways to engage with each other.

One of our class routines is this: at the end of an activity, we take time to celebrate what went well and reflect on the areas we can grow.

As we continue to do that, my hope is for Courageous to reflect on our process of growth and celebrate how much we have grown. I look forward to developing the habit of reflection with them together. 

Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus