I Love Math Day Coming Up

I LOVE MATH DAY COMING UP


I Love Math Day is coming up next week.  Every year we take February 14 to declare our love of mathematics, and to celebrate all of the great math work students are doing in the school.  
If you have been following the I Love Math blog (I Love Math Day Blogspot,) you have seen several of the problems that students are working on.  They have produced many insightful submissions to demonstrate their thinking.
Also on Feb. 14, we invite visitors to come and share how they use math in their professional and personal lives.  Last year, we had three alumni come and talk to the students.
Sarah Bates, '09                        Lillian Meyer, '04                        Willow Latham, '05

This year we are fortunate to have Yvonne Thevenot as one of our guests.  She is the Founder and Executive Director of STEM Kids NYC.  She runs the STEM after-school program at Mustard Seed, and she is also the parent of a Mustard Seed alum (Blaise, '17).  Also coming are two alumni, Andrew Flores and Nick Martino.  They will both be ready to share how their math education has prepared them for adult life.  

During I Love Math Day, some student teams have the chance to present their great work.


And we add time for some guessing games and other math puzzles.  


Visit the I Love Math blog next week for a full report. 

Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus