It's Slime Time! A trip to the Liberty Science Center
| Students turned the lights on this screen to create this "flag" of sorts. |
Thunder and Lightning students headed to the Liberty Science Center to investigate slime and to search out interesting, eye catching and gross facts in the museum. Students used a scavenger hunt sheet to guide their walk through the museum.
| We made slime with glue and borax, but we also investigated two other kinds of slime-- one made with a polymer and one made with shaving cream. |
"I like the slime. I really liked the touch tunnel. Especially looking at the people going through the touch tunnel" Daniel
The touch tunnel was a big hit. Students thought so too:
- "Screaming help in the touch tunnel," Noah.
- "I really enjoyed that we got to some activities that we couldn't do on school trips like the touch tunnel" Ally
- "I like seeing people trying to find the camera in the touch tunnel, and then when they found it and I also liked being in it." Kate
Many enjoyed getting closer to exhibits and sections of the museum that you can't usually see because of the usual crowds.
"I liked looking at the animals. The snakes kinda scared me." Mae
"I liked the slime because there was different materials we can make it out of. The infinity climb was fun. We were challenging each other to get to the top." Cooper