Mini Term Begins!
Every year, the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas vacations are known as Mini Term. Thunder and Lightning students are participating in a wide variety of Mini Term electives. Mini Term is a wonderful opportunity for community building as these electives are taught by eighth grade students, parents and teachers and a Thunder and Lightning student could be learning along with sixth, seventh or eighth grade students. Some of the electives include athletic endeavors such as basketball and active living.
Some involve STEM areas like Legos, Mad Science, and Flying to the Moon game.
Others include Japanese culture, sign language, cooking and film making.
The fourth and fifth grade students are so excited to be a part of these new learning opportunities for the month of December.
"I like cooking and learning new things. I really like cooking and I'm learning new things to try," Duvan.
Aside from Mini Term classes, there are other opportunities for community building during this month. All students grades kindergarten through eighth grade participate in morning Advent worship at 8:30 in gym. Also, grades four through eight enjoy a multi-age park time.
"I think it's cool playing with the whole middle school at park. It's all new to the fourth graders and it's lots of fun, "Sandy

