Summer Reading is Winding Down



Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

I read “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” by JK Rowling. It is a screenplay about a wizard named Newt Scamander who travels to NYC, in 1926, with a suitcase full of magical creatures. When most of them escape, Newt has to capture all of them without terrorizing the city. I love this book and recommend it to anyone who likes Harry Potter and wizards and witches. It is funny and exciting.
ZF

The B.F.G.

This book begins with a little girl named Sophie who finds the B.F.G. So one strange night when everyone was asleep there was a loud noise in the street. Sophie quickly woke up. She thought it was a nightmare, but then she heard it again. It got louder, and louder until she saw it reaching into her window. It was the B.F.G. After a while of screaming the B.F.G took Sophie to the giants land. The B.F.G was the nicest giant to live. The other giants were all mean and ugly. The other giants were always picking on the B.F.G because he was nice, and because he was the smallest of all the giants. After a while Sophie and the B.F.G became very good friends and went on many adventures together. You actually think something bad happens but nothing does, and the weirdest part for me is when Sophie goes into the B.F.G’s ear. I think the B.F.G is helpful because he helps Sophie do whats right. I recommend this book for people that like adventure.
EG

The Mysterious Benedict Society Book Report


The Mysterious Benedict Society is about 2 boys and 2 girls.Their names are Rennie, Sticky, Constance and Kate. (Sticky’s real name is George). These 4 friends had passed a series of tests separately to be in this secret society called The Mysterious Benedict Society. Run by a man named Mr. Benedict and his 2 assistants.

Mr. Benedict tells the group about this person called the sender who is broadcasting thoughts into peoples heads. So Rennie, Sticky, Kate and Constance have to enter a school so they can find out what the sender is up to. Later they found out that the sender is planning on brainwashing people with this thing he calls the whisperer. So the Mysterious Benedict Society have to fight the whisperer, the sender and his gang. Read the book to find out the details!

I recommend this book to anyone who likes reading mysteries.

I give this book a 4.5 star rating.
AV

26 FAIRMONT AVENUE BOOK REPORT


26 Fairmont Avenue is about a boy named Tomie Depoalo. In this book, Tomie's parents decided to build a new house on 26 Fairmont Avenue. But they faced many problems. For example, the house was too high and they had to construct stairs or when a fire burned the backyard and they had to replant the garden. Luckily, the house was finished!

Before the house was finished and before the wallpaper was up, Tomie got to draw on the walls with blue chalk! He drew all the members of his family. I wish I got to draw on the walls of my house!

I recommend this read to any book lover.

I give this book a 3.5 star rating.
By AV


In the year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson

This book begins with a little girl named Shirley moving to America from China. It’s a very hard move because Shirley doesn’t know how to speak english and none of the kids at school want to hang out with her and she feels very far from home. But when Summer comes, everything changes and the gift of BaseBall draws towards her.

Suddenly, Shirley is playing stickball and following the legendary Jackie Robinson as he leads the dodgers into victory after victory. And as for school, Shirley is learning english and the kids are paying more attention to her. America becomes the land of opportunity. I give this book four stars because it was interesting and i really liked it. I recommend this book to anyone who likes sports. This book made me feel excited and sorry for Shirley in the beginning.
EG

Dear Mr.Henshaw

This book is based on a kid named Leigh who loves writing to his favorite author Mr.Henshaw. Leigh’s parents divorced when he was little and he never got over it. Leigh was one of the kids that always got bullied, and since his mom always made the best lunches the other kids always took the best things in his lunch box. Leigh started writing to Mr.Henshaw when he was in first grade and stopped when he was in sixth because he thought that Mr.Henshaw had other things to worry about. Leigh had a lot of feelings for Mr.Henshaw and wanted to be just like him when he grew up to be an adult.

Leigh also thought that he was the best author in the world. Pretty soon Leigh got a diary because he was sad he couldn’t write to Mr.Henshaw anymore. So he started writing to pretend Mr.Henshaw which was just not the same. So he started telephoning his dad for a change. Since his dad never returned any calls Leigh tried a little closer to christmas, and sure enough it worked his dad said that he was coming over for christmas. Leigh was so excited. Remember the lunch thing I was talking about. Leigh got an alarm for it, and pretty soon everyone in school wanted an alarm, and one of them wanted an alarm for his door. From then on Leigh was always happy.
EG

Snake Scientist

I read the book "Snake scientist" which is about the life of garter snakes.
I learned there are lots of garter snakes in the world. I also learned garter snakes use chemicals to talk to other garter snakes. This book tells about one specie of garter snake, Red sided garter snake. There are lots of cool facts about the Red sided garter snake. For example, they hibernate in the winter in underground caves. When they wake up they go back to the same place in the Spring to mate. They use chemicals to find a mate.
I recommend this book to people who like learning about nature.
OG


My Life in Dog Years by Gary Paulson

My Life in Dog Years is about the writer Gary who has had a lot of dogs over the years. One is Caesar, an English mastiff who was given to him by a man who abandoned him at Gary's house. Caesar is huge! Bigger than a grown man! He was about 40 when he had Caesar.

When he was five he lived in the Philippines where they eat dogs. He saved a puppy that was all black except for a white circle on his side so they named him Snowball.

There were many more dogs. I mean many but my favorite was Josh, a border collie who was super smart. The book was sort of boring at first but it gets better.
ME


Sarah, Plain and Tall

This story is about a lady from Maine.Her name is Sarah and she is plain and tall.She came to take care of Caleb and Anna and be a wife to their father.This is a story that took place in the pioneer time.

I think Sarah was brave to leave Maine to marry someone she had never met.I think that this story was more focused about playing with Caleb and Anna. This book could've been longer or a series because it made me feel like there has be more to what happens after they get married.
KJ

Wayside School Gets a little Stranger

I like this book because it's almost like each chapter is a different story. I like how Louis Sachar's imagination is so creative and no one would ever think of his kind of imagination. My favorite story was Ears because Mrs. Norgad has three ears literally, two on each side of her head and one on top of her head, but you can't see it because it is covered under her thick hair.I recommend this to kids that like crazy imagination.

Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus