Thinking Outside the Box....Literally

"Are you allowed to go outside the box?" asked Annie as she pondered the Nine Dots problem.
"That's an interesting question," said Mr. Lawrence.

As a person who has been the other teacher in the room when Mr. Lawrence starts the I Love Math Day work in our math classrooms, I know that he LOVES interesting questions. Students were then challenged to think beyond the boundaries of the shape and found creative solutions to the problem.

Twice a week until the culminating celebration on I Love Math Day, Mr. Lawrence will be visiting Thunder and Lightning and challenging us to think of interesting, outside the box, solutions to problems. Parents can participate in I Love Math Day challenges by visiting the I Love Math blog.

 Mr. Lawrence invites solutions to the Nine Dots Problem
 Working the problem

Sharing solutions

Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus