Typing
This is the first time that I (Mrs. Choi) have led the fourth graders through a typing class. I started class by letting the students know that I am not really used to teaching students with computers. When I started teaching, not that long ago, my school had computers only in the library. I tend to be less technology-inclined. I enjoy working with students using pen and paper.
So we are all growing during our typing class. And the fourth graders are working diligently. I would say that they have a lot of growing to do and, they are working with dedication and perseverance to learn this important skill.
Here are some images to further the point:

In the graph pictured above, you can see the blue line showing how many words we thought we could type in a minute and the red line showing how many words we actually typed in a minute. We thought we were rock stars. We are working hard to become so!
And after three days of typing here is what our scores look like.

On Monday, we covered our hands with paper. A couple of us were surprised by how the task got easy quickly, but most of us had to work hard with frustration.
We have more work to do. The fourth graders are commended for their dedication and hard work even when they are frustrated. They have great advice for themselves and their classmates. They talk about doing hard work now so that later things will be easier. They talk about not worrying because we have only recently started practicing this skill.
So we are all growing during our typing class. And the fourth graders are working diligently. I would say that they have a lot of growing to do and, they are working with dedication and perseverance to learn this important skill.
Here are some images to further the point:
In the graph pictured above, you can see the blue line showing how many words we thought we could type in a minute and the red line showing how many words we actually typed in a minute. We thought we were rock stars. We are working hard to become so!
And after three days of typing here is what our scores look like.
On Monday, we covered our hands with paper. A couple of us were surprised by how the task got easy quickly, but most of us had to work hard with frustration.
We have more work to do. The fourth graders are commended for their dedication and hard work even when they are frustrated. They have great advice for themselves and their classmates. They talk about doing hard work now so that later things will be easier. They talk about not worrying because we have only recently started practicing this skill.

