What Are You Reading Now?

The BFG
The main character in this book was Sophie. Sophie is an ordinary little girl who lives in a loathsome orphanage, in the United Kingdom. She would always love to find out more about the BFG, and his fascinating world, and multiple dreams. The other big character in this book is the BFG. He is a very sensitive soul, and also very sympathetic to Sophie. Other characters in this book include the Army Generals, and armies, the Queen of England, and the multiple ‘castle’ workers under the Queens command.
In this book, Sophie is sitting by the orphanage window when she is captured by a giant. She is very scared, until she finds out that the giant she was captured by, is only the BFG, a nice giant, and that she will not be eaten. Together they go dream hunting to add to the giant’s great collection of dreams. She finds out about the horrible man eating giants, and how they treat the BFG, and she is determined to put an end to the loathsome happenings. She soon after informs the BFG of her plan. The BFG is to mix a dream for the Queen of England from his massive collection, about the giants eating children, and then Sophie will tell her that it is true and hopefully she will believe and send out her armies to get them. And, well, the plan works, the armies capture the bad giants, and best of all, the BFG is aloud to live in London with Sophie.
I thought the BFG was a great book, and a real fun one, too. I loved how Roald Dahl wrote from what seemed like his imagination. The book was a great story for giggles, and lots of fun. I recommend this book for people who love a goofy story, to read and laugh. I hope that when you get a chance to read it, you enjoy it as much as I did.

Ella Enchanted
Ella Enchanted is about a girl who has to do what anyone orders her to and in this story some people find out who don't exactly use it for good.  When she was a baby, a fairy named Lucinda came and gave Ella the "gift" of obedience.
Ella enchanted has something for everyone. It has romance, friendship, violence, comedy, and adventure.  In my opinion there's no such thing as a girl book or a boy book and Ella enchanted
really shows that.
If I was a reviewer I would give Ella enchanted 5 stars.

Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger
Today I am going to talk about character traits. Mac is a student at Wayside School. He loves show and tell and is very good at it. He is so good at it that he can even make a shoelace interesting. I like Mac because he is so kindhearted. For example, when a student gets hurt, he gets a teacher immediately.
Louis is the yard teacher at Wayside School. Louis is a short stubby man with curly hair, and a frizzled mustache. I noticed that Louis is very kind and playful with the kids. Like when the three Erics made up a ball game that wasn't allowed, Louis played it with them. My favorite character is Louis.
Sharie is another student at Wayside School. Sharie is always sleepy, so she is always asleep in class. One time when she was asleep in class she accedentaly rolled out of the thirteenth story window. Thankfully, Louis caught her at the bottom. From then on Sharie decided to have a desk away from the window. I find Sharie to be one of the funniest characters.

The BFG
My first quote is “More, said the BFG. It is all depending, you see, on how big the human beans is. Japanese beans is very small, so a giant will to gobble up about six Japanese before he is feeling full up. Others like the Norway people and the Yankee-Doodles is ever so much bigger and usually two or three of those makes a good tuck-in.” The BFG is telling Sophie how much the giants need to eat. I thought it was funny that they called United States, Yankee-Doodle. It seems weird that the giants need a different amount of people for each country. If I were the giant I would just eat two people from each country.
My second quote is “It is a flushbunking and a scrotty mistake to let the bubble go upwards! If you can’t see why you must be as quaky as a duckhound! By ringo, your head must be so full of frogsqwinkers and buzzwangles, I is fritted if I know how you can think at all!” Sophie and the BFG were having a drink where the bubbles go upwards and they were arguing which way the bubbles should go. I chose this quote because I liked all his made up words he used. I think that I like the BFGs way of which way the bubbles go because they go up and not just stay on the ground like our drinks. I never really thought the BFG would ever say anything like this since he is usually nice.
The last quote is “You is a human bean and you is saying it is grizzling and horrigust for giants to be eating human beans. Right or left?” I don’t really get why the BFG said that because he agrees that it is horrible that the giants eat humans. I thought it would be weird if the BFG said right or left when he was wrong it would just sound weird to say left. Also I didn't think that this quote should be in the book because obviously she didn’t want humans to be eaten because she is a human. In this part it really shows he didn’t go to school.

The Witches
For my last book I read The Witches. The main characters are the boy, his grandmother and the witches. One thing about the characters is that the boy is telling the story so he never says his name. There is one witch in particular that is called the Grand High Witch. Her name is Beatrice. The Grandma lives in Norway and lost one of her thumbs. The boy used to live in England but his parents died so he lives with his grandma. This story was terrific so stay tuned.
One night The grandma tells her grandson about witches. When they go on vacation the the boy gets caught in the same room as every witch in England. He eavesdrops on their conversation on how to get rid of children. Their idea is to turn children into mice. At the end of the meeting they catch the boy and turn him into a mouse. Next him and his grandmother work to turn every witch in England into mice including the Grand High Witch herself. In the end the mouse and his grandmother return to Norway unharmed.
This was a pretty good book. I would rate it 3 stars. It’s hard to think of anyone to recommend it to. It was a good book so I would encourage you to read it. My favorite part is when the witches speak. They say things like “ve vill, ve vill!”  Instead of “we will, we will!”. You should read this book!

Where the Sidewalk Ends
The book Where the Sidewalk Ends was a very confusing and imaginative book.  The author has a vivid imagination and invents a lot of strange characters.  Some of the poems were absurd because, for example as in “The Acrobats”, no one can hang on a bar with their nose.  I wonder if some poems mean something important. I wonder why Shel Silverstein decided to make the title Where the Sidewalk Ends because pretty much all of the poems (besides “Where the Side Walk Ends”) are about something else.  

"Eyewitness Books: Pyramid" by James Putnam
The book taught me that pyramids are structures whose outer part are the shape of triangles forming a 3D triangle and sometimes a King or Queen are buried in them.  The most famous pyramids are in Egypt and Central America where they were an important part of ancient culture.  There were two kinds of pyramids - step pyramids and smooth pyramids.  Pyramids are made of rocks, clay, sand that is hard and more recently sometimes glass.  The largest pyramid is called The Great Pyramid in Egypt where King Khufu was buried around 2550 B.C.

The BFG
The characters in this book are Sophie, the BFG (Big Friendly Giant), the Queen of England, Fleshlumpeater, Childchewer, Bonecrusher, Manhugger, Meatdripper, Maidmasher, Gizzardgulper, Bloodbottler, and Butcherboy. All the gruesome characters are the bad giants. The BFG is the only good giant. The bad giants eat people especially little children. For every meal those gruesome giants gallop off to a different country and have their fill.
The BFG is a book about a giant who lives in a cave in what they call giant country. Sophie, however, is living in an orphanage. The BFG is always going out at night and blowing dreams into the little children's rooms while they are sleeping. The BFG has a whole collection of dreams. The giants, however, were having a "normal" life, snoozing and eating children all day. The Queen was also having a normal life when one night the Queen had a frightsome dream. But then she realized it was true because in the dream it said a girl would be sitting on her windowsill and would lead her to the BFG. When she woke up, a girl was sitting on her windowsill. What had happened was that Sophie met the BFG and they had mixed the truth into the dream. The dream was about the giants who were bad. Then the Queen captured the giants and put them in a huge pit.
I love _The BFG_ and I have read it many times. My favorite character is the BFG because I like the way he mixes up his words. I find Roald Dahl to be very funny, like the word he made up, "snozzcumbers." That's a pretty funny name for a food. But Roald Dahl is also pretty gruesome, like the names he chose for the bad giants. I recommend this book to people who love magical stories.

Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus