More to Read!

The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses by Paul Goble
The book "The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses" by Paul Goble is a beautiful and sad story. It is a story about a girl who loved wild horses and left her family and tribe to live with the horses. Every morning she would lead the wild horses to the river to drink water. The girl knew which grass they liked and she understood them.
I liked this book because I'm like the girl who loved wild horses. I love horses. I also liked this book because there is an adventure in the story, and there are happy and sad parts. Finally, I liked the illustrations. You can tell Paul Goble used different materials, like ink and watercolor. My favorite drawing was a picture when the girl who loved wild horses saw the beautiful spotted stallion prancing in front of her.

The BFG by Roald Dahl
"Just because I is a giant, you think I is a man-gobbling cannybull."  Can you guess who said that?  The BFG (AKA the Big Friendly Giant).  The BFG by Roald Dahl has hilarious humor. For example, instead of saying "right or wrong," the giant says, "right or left." Instead of saying "majesty," he says, "majester." Even though the book has illustrations, you can make a picture in your mind, which happens with all Roald Dahl books that I have read.  In some parts, it made me want to cry. For example, when the BFG was getting beat up by the other giants. But even with the sad parts, it's still an amazing book.
The story is about a girl named Sophie who befriends a friendly giant. All of the other giants eat human beings (or as they call them, "human beans"). The BFG and Sophie try to find a way to get the giants to stop eating humans.
I love this book and would give it five out of five stars. I recommend this and other Roald Dahl books highly.

Wonder
           This book is about a brave boy named August who is just like everybody else, but he isn’t.  He isn’t, because his face is deformed and most people feel bad and scared of him, because he looks different.  This story takes place at August’s school, because he’s going there for the first time and he’s learning how to make friends.  There are three other people in August’s family, his mom, dad, and sister, Via.  They spend most of their time protecting and homeschooling August, but they decide to send August to school, because they think it’s good for him, and August wants to go.  August made four friends, but his two real friends were Jack and Miles, and the other two were Amos and Henry.
           August is deformed.  He has to live with it and deal with everyday things.  He wants everyone else to get over it.  He knows there’s nothing wrong with him and he is just fine with it.  This story starts with the other kids being mean.  Then they learn August wants to be left alone.  Some of the kids care about him and think he’s cool, and they even protect him.  At the end, many of the kids feel happy and proud of him, because he’s a normal kid who does great things.
           I think August is a brave boy, and he didn’t care about what the other kids thought about him.  He was scared, but he knew inside he was a good normal kid.  You should read this book, because if you were in a situation like this, you must remember to believe in yourself.  Sometimes I’m a little to kidish and different than everybody else.  I know I’m a good brave man, too.  My friends, family, and folks help me believe in myself.

Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo
    The book is about the main character, Rob, and his life and how he learns that animals should not be caged up and should be free.
    The story takes place at the home of a friend of Rob’s, named Buchamp. Buchamp asked Rob, the main character, to feed the tiger he bought from someone who caught him. Other settings in the story are a hotel that was mentioned about 2 or 3 times, at school and the school bus, where Rob met another main character in the story named Sistine.  Also, the tiger’s cage, where Sistine and Rob were trying to free him, because they didn’t think it was right to keep him captive.
    The main characters of the story are Rob, Sistine and Willie. Rob and Sistine met each other on the school bus, Sistine helped Rob set the tiger free. Sistine, at the beginning of the story, seemed to not like Rob because she stuck out her tongue at him but at the end of the story, they became good friends. Willie is Rob’s good friend who works at the hotel. Willie was the person who let Rob's dad know he let the tiger free.
    I liked the book a lot because the author writes it in a way that it could happen in real life. The book teaches you a life lesson that’s easy to understand - wild animals should not be caged up. I think this book is a great read for 4th and 5th graders. It's very expressive and catches your interest and get’s very exciting at the end.

Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger by Louis Sachar
For this book review I will talk about Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger in the character trait format and the first character I will talk about is Louis the yard teacher. I think Louis is really fun because he played way high up ball(A game) with the three Erics. I also think that he's very shy because he was afraid to ask Ms.Nogard out on a date because they're both adults. I lastly think that that he hates Mrs.Drazil because she was always mean to him even when he was in school. I wish that we had a yard teacher because they seem fun.
    The next character I will talk about is Mr.Gorf. I think that he's very mean because he steals people's voices from them by sniffing with his nose. I think it’s really odd. I also think he's very cold hearted because he called every student's mom using their voices and saying that they hate them because he's mean to them. I lastly think he's weird because he has three nostrils and that's how he steals the voices. I'm glad he's not a real person because I would hate it if I knew him because he's so mean.
    The last character I will talk about is Mrs.Drazil. I think she would be a fun teacher because she lets you do cool experiments like testing the laws of gravity. I also think she is mean because she dumped a waste basket on Louis’s head for no good reason. I lastly think she is poorly treated by Jane Smith(one of her old students) because Jane said to her to rub a monkeys tummy with her head. Thank you for reading my book review I hope you enjoyed it.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a very good book. I mean, wouldn't it be awesome to live inside a chocolate palace? When I first read the book it seemed like the characteristics that the other 4 kids have would get them into a lot of trouble.
The main character in the book is Charlie, a poor boy living next to a giant chocolate factory: Willy Wonka's Factory. 5 lucky kids were allowed to go into the factory but only if you found a golden ticket in a Wonka chocolate bar. Charlie was desperate to go - but there were two problems: 1: His family had no money. 2. The tickets were all over the world! The ticket finders were Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, Violet Beauregarde, Mike Teavee, and Charlie! Charlie ended up finding money on the ground which allowed him to buy 2 chocolate bars and finding a golden ticket inside one! When they visited the factory the other children's personalities got them into a lot of trouble. After the tour the other 4 children turned fat, skinny, purple, or were covered in garbage! Then Willy Wonka said when Charlie was old enough he could own the factory and continue making chocolate and candies!!!
I like this book and rate it 5 stars (1=horrible, 5=awesome)

Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger by Louis Sachar
    This book is about a strange school that has 30 floors and the 30 floor is where the main characters are located. Their teacher, Mrs. Jewels, gets pregnant and a new, mean teacher substitutes her class for one day. His name is Mr. Gorf and he has three nostrils. When he wiggles his nose and snorts, he steals a student’s voice one by one.  That day Mr. Gorf leaves the school and Miss Drasil comes in.  She was nice, but a bad teacher so the kids decided to get rid of her. To find out about the last substitute teacher, read the book!
    I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.  It is very interesting, funny and most of all easy to read.

The Giver
I just read The Giver.  I think that it had a lot of meaning because it wasn't about what will happen in the future, it was more about the Giver's favorite memory, that the Receiver of memories before him and before him and back and back and back gave: the memory of love.  I think that it was about love more than anything else.
Technically what the book is about is that Jonas is an 11 about to become a 12.  When you become a 12 you get a job.  The way I think of it is like it being a puzzle, each time a group of 11's becomes a group of 12's, all the 12's (there are 50 people in each group) are pieces and every time someone becomes a 12 there is more of the puzzle done.  
After Jonas becomes a 12 he get the job of Receiver of memories, which means he receives the whole world's memories.  When Jonas see the memories, he wants the world to go out of sameness which they have entered.
Jonas' father is a Nurturer.  There is a baby named Gabriel that is born different than the rest; they are going to release him but then decide not to.  Somehow these stories weave themselves together, but you'll have to find out how by reading the book yourself.

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
For my last Book Review I will talk about Artemis Fowl in the character trait format and my first character is Artemis. I think Artemis is very smart because he translated fairy language into english even though he did not know how to understand it. I also think he is mean/good because he stole the fairies gold and gave half of it back because he felt bad. I lastly think that Artemis is a criminal because he traded a hostage for gold with the fairies. I think he's my favorite character because he's very smart.
The next character I will talk about is Butler. I think he's very trustworthy because Holly(A fairy) healed him and he returned the favor by not experimenting with a troll. I also think he's loyal to Artemis because he's his servant. I lastly think that Butler has a weird name because his name is Domovoi Butler. He's a really strong person and I wish I knew him.
The last character I will talk about is Holly Short the fairy. I think Holly is very Nice because she healed Butler even though he and Artemis captured her. I also think that she's very risky because she tried to battle a troll even though the commander Root(her commander) told her not to and to fall back. I lastly think that Holly is very powerful because she has magic that can heal people and hypnotise people. That was my last book review until school so have a great summer.

Where the Red Fern Grows
Here are the things that made me surprised. One thing I liked about this book is the deep descriptions that Wilson Rawls made and some descriptions were so deep that you might start crying like I did. Another thing I liked was that the chapters didn’t have names so that everything was a big surprise. And the last thing that I really enjoyed about Where the Red Fern Grows is you get into one character and then suddenly that person and or dog leaves the place you love or the heart that everyone loves. I hope that you will feel the same way I did about this book.
There were not many things I disliked about the book but here are three. Wilson Rawls gets you excited about a character but then “boom” something bad happens to that person. The book gets you really emotional and practically crying. And the last is a person passes away and I don’t like reading about that because it makes me sad. There is absolutely nothing else that I disliked about this book.
Here are three people that I would recommend this book to. I would recommend this book to my sister Isabel because she has a liking for dogs and there are two dogs in this story. The next person would have to be Lem because he loves animals. And lastly is Jada. Jada would love this book because she enjoys dogs and animals. Those are the three people that I would recommend this book to.

Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus