Latest Reviews



It's so exciting to see so many reviews! It makes your teachers' hearts bloom! I went to the New York Public Library with some friends who were visiting and found this shirt. It made me think of Ms. Emma and all of you. I'm sure you'll see it on me at school one day. :)


Matilda

Welcome back, everybody for a new round of RRLs! Woo-hoo (the audience cheers)! Now back to business. Today’s theme will be… character traits! My favorite. So let’s get started!

The first character I will be showcasing today is Matilda (obviously). 1) She is very small. There is no doubt about that (see illustrations or page 13). 2) She is very intelligent because on pages 53 to 54, she solved a complicated math problem mentally (I couldn’t do that in seconds!). 3) One more: Matilda is crafty. When she pranks her parents (because they were mean to her) in the chapters “The Hat and the Superglue”, “The Ghost” and “The Platinum-Blond Man”, she uses her craftiness in ways I would never have thought of.

Another character I would like to showcase is Mr. Wormwood, the great car dealer and victim of Matilda’s pranks. He is extremely unkind to Matilda (see pages 22 and 40). At first I never knew exactly why he is mean to Matilda because if he got pranked once, (see pages 30 to 38) he would surely figure out the cause but again, Matilda is too crafty and he never finds out. That’s a second trait. He isn’t very smart and doesn’t necessarily use his brain a lot. But that brings up a new subject: car dealing (see pages 22 to 29). You see, he uses his feisty tricks to make a car look new when it really isn’t. That’s the final trait: dishonesty.

Lastly, I have to tell you about Mrs. Trunchbull. First off, she is very stupid. In the book (I forget what page) she once said that one day she’ll make a school with no children in it and that it would get good business. Unless it was a college or high school, that would just be plain stupid of her. Another trait is how she hates children (young ones in particular). On page 151 she says, “I don’t like small people. Small people should never be seen by anybody. They should be kept out of sight in boxes like hairpins and buttons. I cannot for the life of me see why children have to take so long to grow up. I think they do it on purpose.” Lastly, the Trunchbull is very strict (see page 148). She punishes (hurts) people who get the answer of a question wrong. That’s just about it for the day and I’ll see you all later!

The BFG


Roald Dahl is one of my favorite writers. I think the BFG is one of his best books. I like how he created the BFG's language. My favorite part is when the BFG puts Sophie on the queen's window so she can climb into the queen's room. When the BFG was catching dreams he caught a dream that all the giants were afraid of so he blew it to the Bloodbottler. The dream was about the only person giants are afraid of: Jack.

I enjoy the BFG because of his language and humor.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves good humor.

The Wizard of Oz


Dorothy is generous. When she met the Tin Woodman, she got oil from the Tin Woodman’s cottage and oiled him so he could move his joints and tell her what had happened to him. She is also understanding. For example, when the Tin Woodman was telling his story she didn’t have any questions and she didn’t interrupt him. The last thing is Dorothy is aware of the needs of others. The place I found Dorothy being mindful is when she helped the Scarecrow off the pole so he could be free. Dorothy’s personality traits show who she is as a person.

All Dorothy wanted was to get back to Kansas and that was the reason she walked a really long way. The thing that the Scarecrow wanted was to have brains so he could start thinking the right way. The Tin Woodman wanted to have a heart so he could love again. And what the Cowardly Lion wanted was courage to be the king of the forest that he lives in. Maybe their wishes came true, maybe they didn’t.

Here is what they ran into in the story. The Wizard of Oz is not a real Wizard as they say, he is a humbug. Another challenge is when they were crossing the bridge that would lead Dorothy to Glinda, there were some people who’s heads got in the way so they couldn’t pass over the bridge. The last obstacle is that her first plan to go to Kansas was ruined because Toto saw a cat in the crowd and that made her miss the hot air balloon. She was really sad.

In the end, Dorothy sadly says goodbye to her friends. Her sadness becomes joy when Glinda the good witch tells her how to get back to Kansas. All she has to do is to click her heels three times. Little did she know that she had the shoes to go home all along. Dorothy’s wish to be home came true. Dorothy already had the brains, courage, and heart so all she needed was to go home.

The BFG


The BFG story takes place in two places, England, and Giant Country. England, o more specific, London, is where a little girl named Sophie lives. She is an orphan and lives in an orphanage because her parents died when she was a baby. Sophie is curious and a little judgy but overall she’s just a normal kid who had something very, very abnormal thing happen to her. Sophie is one of the three main characters of this book, whereas, the BFG or the Big Friendly Giant, is the second and the one who comes from Giant Country followed by 9 other giants: Fleshlumpeater, Bonecruncher, Manhugger, Childchewer, Meatdripper, Gizzardgulper, Maidmasher, Bloodbottler,and Butcher Boy. All pretty scary names right? Who knows how they would eat judging by their names. Giant country is not in the atlas as someone points out on page 185. It is a very mysterious place that giants call home. The BFG is the only friendly giant there that doesn’t eat humans. He is a dream blowing giant that can collect actual dreams, actual physical dreams. Then he puts them into what Sophie calls a trumpet thing and blows it into the bedrooms of sleeping children. The Giant has huge ears, so big he can hear birds walking as loud as giants walk for humans. So because he has these amazing ears, he can hear dreams, and he can hear what they are about. On the other hand Sophie, is an orphan from Mrs.Clonkers home for lost girls. She is somewhat a hero in the end of the book. the third main character of this book is the Queen of England, but apparently her name is not mentioned in this book. She is... well.. the Queen of England!

The plot of this story is very exciting, It all starts when a little girl named Sophie couldn’t sleep at the witching hour which she heard was a dark time at night when dark creatures came out of hiding and had the world to themselves. She wanted to get out of bed and close the curtains so that the moonlight wouldn’t hit her to direct in the face, but she knew that Mrs.Clonkers, who the BFG called “a rotten old rotrasper” and a “filthy old fizzwiggler“ (page 39, cracks me up every time) was going to punish her for just touching the floor. But when her curiosity got the best of her and she looked outside, she saw a giant and it saw her. And it grabbed her and ran away. He was the BFG! After he told her that, they talked about the giants and what they ate and what they did. Soon the BFG showed what he ate, a snozzcumber. Then he showed Sophie what he drank, Frobscottle. And with that he showed her that the bubbles in Frobscottle go down instead of up like in our regular sodas. So when the bubbles in soda go up, we usually burp. But since in Frobscottle they go down you...uhh...toot. But the BFG considers tooting, good, and he calls it whizzpopping. Shortly after they talked about what the BFG does, about dream blowing. and collecting dreams. Then the BFG got her front row seats, or a pocket, to see him dream catching. But on the way there, the giants have a little fun by playing catch with the BFG. If I were super strong, and sixty feet tall, I would surely beat up each and everyone of the giants. After a while the BFG finally got away, and started running, but the giants started throwing rocks at him while he ran. Luckily he was able to dodge them. But during his dream catching, he caught a terrible nightmare! And no it wasn’t a nightmare that the process was, but he caught an actual nightmare, in his net! There are actually a bunch of words for this nightmare so I will just tell you what he said, and warning: the expressions are absolutely hilarious : “Oh no! oh mince my maggots! Oh swipe my swoggles! It’s a trogglehumper! Oh save our solos! Deliver us from the weasels! The devil is dancing on my dibbler! Oh bash my eye-bones! I come all this way to catch lovely golden dreams, and what is I catching? I is catching a fright some trogglehumper! This is a bad, bad, dream. It is worse than a bad dreams. It is a nightmare! This is a real whoppsy grobswitcher. It is a trogglehumper, a bogthumper, and a grobswithcher!” When you think about it, and imagine the BFG’s voice along with it, this quote is super funny! After that they went back to the cave. an they heard that the giants were going to eat from: “gigglehouses for girls” and “bogglebox for boys”, which for those of you who don’t understand giant language (duh, everyone), that means a school of girls and a school for boys. Then Sophie wanted to go tell the queen of England about it. Then Sophie said they should make her dream it. and luckily you came make someone dream anything you want! She said that the queen would dream about the giants and the BFG and a little girl named Sophie on her windowsill.Then she’d wake up, and Sophie would be on her windowsill just like the queen had dreamed. Then when Sophie had told her about the giants, the queen would believe her because she dreamt it just as it had happened! Then the queen would surely do something about it. But that idea still didn’t convince the BFG because he didn’t want to expose himself to human beings. But then Sophie bribed him by saying that he could live over there and that he wouldn’t have to eat another snozzcumber. Then after that, the BFG went right on to making the dream for the queen. Shortly after, they took of to the queens palace, where her garden was where there were no soldiers. The BFG blew the dream in, and placed Sophie on the windowsill. Sophie’s plan worked! they captured the giants and put them in a 500 foot tall hole! they ate nothing but snozzcumbers, but at some point, a drunk person would fall in and give joy to the giants.

My opinion is that this book is super funny, and turn every frown upside down. Roald Dahl is very creative and fun. I enjoyed reading this book even for the tenth time. And the BFG always knows how to put a smile on your face. Personally I would recommend this book to my cousin, and my mom and dad. But in general, I would recommend this book to everyone 8 and up. This is not a very hard book to read and I know many kids who have read it would agree with me. The story gets your nose dipped into the pages and has many good cliffhangers. So if you are looking for a fun book to keep you entertained, The BFG is for you!

Wonder


Wonder is a wondrous, wonderful book, that takes place in many places (whew!). The story starts of in a house in River Heights. Another part takes place in Beecher Prep, another part in Faulkner High School, and some more parts in the house. The main characters in this book are August (or how he is sometimes called, Auggie), Olivia (or Via as her family calls her, she is Auggie’s sister), Isabel (His mother), Nate (dad), Jack (best friend), Summer (friend), Julian (bully), and many more. August is the main, main character in this story. August is an ordinary boy with an extraordinary face. He says on page 3, “ I won’t describe what I look like. What ever you’re thinking it’s probably worse.” His mom one day thought that he should start going to school, but his dad didn’t want him to go because he wasn’t ready. Eventually They decided to let Auggie decide after he had a tour and met the principle of the school. Via is another main character, she is Auggie’s sister and I think she is the best sister in the world. I would love to take sistering lessons from her for my own brother who has a few things in common with Auggie. They’ve both had surgeries, they both need a lot of attention too. But about Via, I think we have a lot in common: we both have brothers that are different than other kids, we both have to get used to people staring at them, we both have to get used to little attention from our parents, and we have to learn to help our brothers when asked. But something I can do that Via can’t, is hold back my anger. Even Auggie says so on page 3, “Via’s not so good at it. She can get really annoyed when people do something rude. Like, for instance, one day in the playground some older kids made some noise. I don’t know what the noises were exactly because I didn’t hear them myself, but Via heard and started yelling at the kids.” See? And finally I will tell you about Jack Will. One day, Jack was asked by the principal, Mr.Tushman (I know right?! It’s amazing what people call their kids these days!), if he could meet him before school started to give a tour of the school to a new kid who was coming. And the student was...Auggie. Jack surprised his mom by saying that he knows what kid she was talking about when she said that their was something wrong with his face. It turns out Jack and his brother were the ones who made the noises that made Via shout at them. At first Jack said no to going to meet and give August a tour, but then changed his mind when he remembered when Jamie (his brother) ran away from August screaming “Ahhhhh”, he realized that if a nice enough kid like Jamie can be so mean, August wouldn’t stand a chance in middle school. At first Jack thought that August would be a weird kid, but he realized that Auggie is actually not that different!

The there are many plots in this story, but i think he main one, is Auggie in middle school. After Auggie met the principle, He took a tour with Jack, Julian, And Charlotte. While they were walking, Julian, said on page 29: “What’s the deal with your face, were you in a fire or something?” And that really shows Julian’s bully character. After that you can imagine that Auggie wanted to home A-SAP. Then took him back to the principle but, they realized they didn’t show him the art room and said they could go back quickly to show him but Auggie really wanted to go home so he said “ Don’t we have to pick Via up or something?” and that was a code for saying, ‘I really want to go now!.’ And that doesn’t mean he had to go to the bathroom though (you guys are so immature!). After that Auggie made up his mind and decided to go to the school, not knowing all the chaos that would happen later on. Auggie started school off with a lot of stares, and a few insults. If I were him I would have begged my mom and dad to let me quit school. Of course being the protective and kind parents that they were, they’d probably would’ve let August quit school if he had three good reasons. But Auggie sucked it up for a few more days, and he found out that school wasn’t so bad. He had Jack and Summer for friends, and a few girls were nice to him, for example, Auggie made this joke where he told some girls that the creator of the UglyDolls based UglyDolls on him. He laughed, and soon the girls were laughing too. Then Auggie received and Ugly Doll keychain on his chair saying: For the nicest Auggie Doll in the world! XO Maya. but before that, was halloween, and during halloween, you are allowed to come to school in a costume. Auggie wanted to be Boba fett but at the last minute he came in as bleeding scream. Auggie felt good until jack said on page 77, that he would kill himself if he had Auggie’s face. he obviously was expecting him to come as Boba Fett, Auggie started to cry and went home early.And eventually, Jack noticed that Auggie was mad, and figured out why, and apologized. During that time, there was a ‘war’. And this is how it started : the teacher announced one day the the science fair was coming and gave everyone partners. julian tried to get Jack out of being partners with Auggie by requesting to switch. but when Jack told him he was fine, Julian said he didn’t have to be friends with that ‘freak’. Then Jack punched him and knocked out a tooth. After that, as revenge, Julian created the ‘war’ by lying and turning people against him. Then came the Fifth grade Nature Retreat, Where they hiked and slept over for two nights. Auggie was nervous about it but overall he was excited. On the last day they watched a movie. During the movie Jack had to go pee but the line was to log so he and auggie went in the woods. nd this is how it went when they met some seventh graders on the way back.


What school are you from”

“Beecher Prep!”

“ Oh my god!” 

“ no way!”

“ No freakin’ way man,
no freakin’ way”

“what is that?’

“ let’s get out of here”

“Wait, Wait, Wait!

“Oh man, Oh man!”

“what happened to your face?”

“Stop it, Eddie

“I didn’t know we were watching Lord of the Rings tonight!”

“ Look guys, its Gollum”

“No man it’s Alien

“ No, no, no, man. It’s an orc!” and on, and on. These kids are super mean because after that, Jack told them to leave August alone, and the other guy said “make me” then him and Jack got into a fight. Then an amazing thing happened. Amos, Miles and Henry, all boys from Auggie and Jack’s grade, came over and said leave them alone, but when they didn’t, they got into a fistful fight. Then they all started running away. when they got far enough they realized that Auggies hearing aids were missing. Auggie cried, but, at least he had people to be there for him.

My opinion of this book is that this is, as I said so in the beginning of this response, is that this is a wonderful wondrous book, that I enjoyed so much reading. R.J. Palacio, is super talented at showing people's’ personalities, as she’s done so six times to six different people. She expresses Auggie’s character very well. For an example she writes on page 10 that Auggie says’ mom and dad talked quietly about grown-up things I didn’t care about.” Even though that part is sort of little, I felt a connection for everytime I’m in the car and my mom and dad are talking about ‘grown-up things I didn’t care about’. When R.J. Palacio writes, she says it in a way that you actually imagine the person saying it, their voice, their tone, and the feeling. It’s like there are these separate languages for kids, teenagers, and grown ups. In terms of how good the story was, it was really interesting, and really exciting to read. Everything makes so much sense and it’s all perfectly written. I would recommend this book to my mom and dad personally, but in general I would recommend this book to all kids and adults, 9+. If you are in T&L and are looking for a book to read for the summer, Wonder is for you.

The BFG

The first quote is: “Three or four others were sitting quite motionless on the rocks.” I have one connection with that quote. Once I was with my two cousins and my sister Isa and I was a little jumpy and they were tired so I said that they should start getting up and moving, but they were just so motionless (not on rocks but on the stairs of my cousins back porch) they just didn’t do anything. The reason I chose this quote is I had a connection with it and it is sort of funny if you think of what the book is about. I found that quote on page 37.

“The snoring-snorting noise he was making was disgusting.” The reason I chose this quote is it stood out to me in many different ways. Here are a couple it’s rude and funny to think in your head that his noises were disgusting. A connection I have with this quote is my Abelo snores really loud and my Papi snores sort of softly and I think its just a little weird and the tiniest bit disgusting but I told them and didn’t just think it. I found the quote on page 104. There’s that quote!

“Teeth fell out like hailstones.” I chose this quote because I have a funny story that goes with it and I think this quote has a lot of meaning. The connection I have with this quote is one morning my sister and I were watching disney junior and we both got into a fight, but we knew we had to be quiet but after the fight I accidentally kicked her face. Then her first tooth came out! (Her tooth was all ready wiggly thou) so she went into my Mommy and Papis room and she was so excited. Teeth didn’t really fall out like hailstones but a tooth fell out because of me like teeth fell because of giants kicking around. The page I found that quote was on 111. Hope you enjoyed reading this RRL.

Chronicles of PrydainThe Black Cauldron


There were a lot of things I liked about this book. Here are a few of them. I liked that the cauldron wasn't in Annuvin, and they have to go on a quest to find it. I also liked the secret of King Morgant. And my last example is the part where Taran saves his crew from their shelter. Those are some things I liked.

There were a few things I didn't like. I didn't like that it didn't explain about how Orwen, Orgoch, Orddu switch names. I also didn't like that there were not a lot of huntsmen battles. And the final thing I didn't like was that Taran gave up Adaon's brooch. Those are the things I didn't like.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure and excitement. I would say adventure because they go on a quest. I would say excitement when King Morgant comes. I would also say excitement when they battle the huntsmen and Fflewddur and Doli disappear. That's why I would recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure and excitement.

Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger

Hysterical and happy. Do you want a book that makes you laugh? One example that made me laugh was when Susan finds Mr. Gorf locked in the closet. Another reason why I found the book funny was when Mr. Kidswatter bans the word "door" after getting coffee spilled all over him. He now requires students to say "Goozack" instead! The third reason is when the students wrote poems about colors and used funny words like "burp"ll", "rat fink" and "barf". If you enjoy funny books I recommend the Wayside School Series.

The BFG


Note: Words following a [ mean written in a giant’s spelling.

The first thing I have to say about The BFG is that it is an amazing and hilarious book. I, like most people, loved it and was tempted to finish the entire thing before I went to bed. I won’t turn that light out until I finish this book! my mind screamed. But, alas, the time went from 9:30 to 10:15 and it still wasn’t finished. I wanted to read to 12:00 midnight but I never stay up anywhere near that time. So I went to bed and a few weeks later, wrote this:

Here are some of the (many) things I liked: I loved the creativity with the way the giants speak like “I is hungry!” or “ That is the most [flushbunking] rubbish I ever is hearing!” I also liked how the author created snozzcumbers (to eat) and frobscottle (to drink) as giant words (the creature, not the size). Lastly, I liked the labels on the dream jars. Here is the start of one of them:

I has [ritten] a book and it is so exciting nobody can put it down.

Translation: I have written a book that is so exciting nobody can put it down.

Next is what I didn’t like about the book. Now, there are very few things that I don’t like but here are 3 of them: 1) I didn’t really like how in the end, the author made it so the BFG blew dreams only to the kids in England. I know how the author was English but why can’t the BFG be like Santa and blow dreams to all the kids in the world. I would love that. 2) I dislike how--this happens in many Roald Dahl books--the main character(s) end up living a great and grand life and become famous heroes. It just bothers me how The BFG has to leave his homeland and yes, his homeland isn’t the best, but I don’t like how they go to live in the modern world. A third disliked-thing is the tense moment before Sophie meets the Queen. It wasn’t exactly bad, nor was it good or necessarily exciting, just freaky.

Who would like (or love) this book? Many people. For instance, I believe Mrs. McCallahan would enjoy this because of the book’s humor and I think she would love the way the giants talk. Second, Ms. Emma (if you are reading this) will like this. It is a great read about the length of Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, if not shorter. It was also just written really, really well. Finally, anybody who enjoys a fictional story that’s got humor, a connection with the real world (they go to London) and fantasy, this is YOUR book.

When You Reach Me

This past week I read When You Reach Me. I think that once I read the beginning of Liar and Spy and for some reason (I think because they're written by the same person), I imagined their apartments the same way. (or I also thought they had the same feeling)

The two characters who had a different feeling than the rest of the characters were the laughing man and Markus. The crazy thing about it was they had the same sort of feeling; and they turned out to be the same person! I think that Miranda was a good character because even when she lost her best friend, Sal, and she found the notes, she stayed calm. It was my first time reading a Rebecca Stead book and I really liked it!

The BFG


The BFG is a book that was written by Roald Dahl. It is about an orphan and a big friendly giant. The story takes place in two places, England and the Giant Country. The two main characters are Sophie and the BFG (Big, Friendly, Giant). Sophie is a smart and clever orphan who becomes friends with the BFG. The BFG is a kind giant who never went to school and talks in a funny way. He collects good dreams and blows them to children. He blows bad dreams to giants. Other characters in the story are the nine not-so-nice giants, the Queen of England, the butler Mr. Tibbs, the maid, the head of the Air Force and the head of the Army.

The story starts with Sophie in her bed thinking about the witching hour. Suddenly, she sees the BFG and the BFG snatches her and takes her to Giant Country. When they get there, the BFG tells her why he snatched her and they get to know each other and become friends. Sophie learns about the other nine mean giants that live in Giant Country. Later in the story, Sophie and the BFG overhear the other nine mean giants planning on how they are going to eat children at the gigglehouse for girls and the bogglebox for boys. Sophie convinces the BFG to ask the Queen of England to help them stop the giants before they eat the children. They go to the Queen and she orders the head of the Army and the head of the Air Force to follow the BFG’s plan. They capture the Fleshlumpeater after Sophie stabs him in the foot with the three-inch pin of the brooch. They quickly catch the other eight giants and bring them back to England and drop them in an enormous hole.

I liked the BFG by Roald Dahl. I especially enjoyed the part when the Fleshlumpeater was having his nightmare about Jack and the BFG explains why all the giants are afraid of him. I also enjoyed the tongue twisters in the story because they were creative and made me think about words that are not really words. I would give the BFG 4 out of 5 stars, because the tongue twisters slowed down the story and sometimes got in the way. I would recommend this book to my mom because it’s a creative story. I would also recommend this book to people who like silly stories and tongue twisters.

Where the Sidewalk Ends


There were a few things I liked about this book. One was on page 159. In "Afraid of the Dark," at the end it says "so please don't close this book on me." I also liked "Early Bird," on page 30. It's pretty funny. Another funny one is "It's Rather Dark in Here," on page 21 ("Here" being a lion". Those are some of the things I liked.

I didn't like a few things about this book. One thing was on page 15 in the poem "The Fourth," it doesn't really sound like a poem with all the sound effects. Another thing is on page 60, in "Upstairs" I think it's a little too repetitive. And the last thing is "Invisible Boy," on page 82, because I think it's kind of boring. Those are the things I didn't like about this book.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes funniness or rhymes. I would say funniness because on page 164, in "Merry…". I would say rhymes because on page 95, in "Love." And I would say both on page 152, in "Standing." That's why I would recommend this book.

The BFG


I liked the BFG because it’s funny and sometimes makes no sense. My favorite part was when the big huge blood thirsty giant’s got put into a 1,000 foot hole and the BFG fed them dicustive snozzcumbers. Made up words were a big part of the story. One of my favorite words was frobscottle, which described a fizzy drink where the bubbles went down instead of up. If you drank frobscottle your gas would go down instead of up! Another one of my favorite parts was when the BFG was in the ball room. He was trying to explain to the soldiers' how to get to Giant Country. He was using made up words and the soldiers' didn’t understand what he was saying. Sophie came to the rescue and translated what the BFG was trying to say. I really enjoyed reading this book because it was filled with lots of funny words, interesting scenes and packed with action. It definitely kept me on my toes. This book was a good fit for me and I think it would be a good fit for you to!

The BFG


One of the main characters is the BFG, or “Big Friendly Giant.” He is very goofy, as shown when he is drinking the frobscottle and “whizpopping.” He is also modest, because he didn’t put his put his own name as the author. Last but not least he is clever, as when he put the scarlet trogglehumper in the Fleshlumpeater. He is definitely one of the most important characters!

Yet another important character is Sophie. She is brave because she stuck the brooch into the Fleshlumpeater’s foot. She is superstitious because she believed in the witching hour. She is polite because she pointed out the rude parts of frobscottle. She is for sure an awesome lead role!

Last but not least is the Queen of England, who is not a super prominent character. She too is polite, as shown when she doesn’t stop making it comfortable for the BFG. She is smart, which you see when she is able to complete the giant capture in under 24 hours. She is reasonable, as seen when she believes it was not giants who killed the children, even after such a sign! She sure is necessary for such a short time character!

Junie B. Jones Is a Beauty Shop Guy

I like this book because it’s pretty funny. One of my favorite parts is when Junie B. Jones say’s “…My name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands for Beatrice, except I don’t like Beatrice, I just like B and that’s all.” This book is about how Junie B. Jones wants to work in a Beauty Salon. So, she tries to cut her hair , her bunny slippers, her dog’s hair, and her stuffed animals hair. She got into lots of trouble. Sometimes the way her words come out may not seem to correct but you’ll understand what she’s saying. I’d give this book a 4 star rating.

Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger

_Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger_ is one of the funniest books. For example, when Sharie fell asleep in class, she accedentally rolled out of the the thirteenth story window. Thankfully, Louis, the yard teacher, caught her. I really like the character Louis because he is very playful with the kids. I recommend this book to people who love amusing fiction.

THE BFG

So this story is about Sophie an orphan who gets taken through the window of her orphanage by a giant called the BFG. She was captured because she saw the BFG lurking in the shadows and no one is supposed to see the BFG, so the BFG took her away. He takes her to his house in the giant country and teaches her about his world and the other giants. The other giants eat humans and one night the giants went to eat people from England while they were sleeping. Now Sophie and the BFG are out to find the queen Elizabeth and convince her to capture the giants. Can they do it? Find out in the BFG.

For this book review I will talk about the BFG in the character trait format and the first character will be Sophie. I think Sophie is really determined because she was very determined to stop the giants from eating everyone in England. I also think she is very brave because she stabbed a giant with a brooch in the foot so the giant wouldn’t eat a soldier in his hand. I lastly think Sophie is very respectful because she always asks politely when she has a question. I think Sophie was a great person and I wish I knew her.

The last character I will talk about is the BFG. I think he is very confusing because he talks funny. He did not go to school so he's hard to understand. I also think he's very kind because he would prefer to eat snozzcumbers that taste like poop rather than eat humans. I lastly think he's very generous because he gives people good dreams even though he can keep them for himself he shares them with others instead. Thank you for reading my book review and I recommend it to Maria Carla.









Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus