Summer Reading Summaries

Where the Sidewalk Ends is by Shel Silverstein. It’s a book full of random funny poems. There are over 100 poems, believe me, I counted (I could never pick a favorite!)! There are 183 pages full of poems! If your lucky, you’ll get a 30th anniversary edition! by LO


The Wright 3 was about 3 children who were trying to save an old house called
the Robie house. A character named Calder found a jade fish that was worth a lot, but a man stole it from him,so he tried to get it back. He finally succeeded and saved the Robie house. I think anyone who likes mysteries would like this book. by WS


Hi so Charlie And The Chocolate Factory was probably a well known movie when you were a kid. I mean it’s still popular today but it was better when you were a kid. So the movie is really funny but the book is probably just  funny and good. In the book there were some drawings I didn’t get but Roald dahl didn’t draw them. I can relate the book from the movie but parts were a little different such as who brought the kids and the ending. And of course the Oompa-Loompas were a little different. My favorite part was when Augustus Gloop fell into the chocolate.       By AW5 

I think The Tale of Despereaux is the best book about an animal that I have ever read, because it is fun to read how brave Despereaux is, and how willing he is to go on a very dangerous quest through the mazes of the dungeon of the castle of King Philip. But I think Miggery Sow is kind of stubborn and doesn't have very good manners, but that is because she was bought by a bad man who taught her bad things. The best part of the book for me was when Despereaux got the sewing needle from the thread master to use as a sword. The Tale of Despereaux is probably my second favorite book in the whole world. It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by  BK

Hi  I   love hardy boys so this was a easy decision. In this book it starts out when then town finds some war stuff so the town has a reenactment. And there are guns when the hardy boys find out that someone has been shot and the mystery was on from there and Frank and Joe were righting down suspects 1 by 1. And one day one of the people said I aimed it at him but I don't know if there was ammo. The next day they put thee pieces together but at that time joe almost got shot. AW5

I read the book The Willoughbys

It’s about a family with four kids and parents that hate the kids. And because the parents hate the kids they leave the four kids.  And the get a nanny to stay with the kids. Down the block there’s this house with a guy that never comes out since his wife and kid “died." Then a kid appeared on his front steps and he came outside. And they all lived happily ever after. by EP

Hi  okay so Liar And Spy is about a kid named Georges (the s is silent) who just moved into a new building. He is not fond fond of his new house. When he was moving in he saw a kid named safer his age walking some dogs. that day on a door a sign said spy club meeting and what  every parent wants when they move is for there kids to meet some new kids, so the dad wrote what time. There was a response it said one 1:30 at that time it was about 12:00 so Georges and his dad went for lunch and they came back and Georges went to the spy club meeting where a girl was standing and she asked are you the one who wrote this pointing at the sign
Georges said yes, the girl said come with me.
They went into the room with the sign Safer  was sitting there  The kid started explaining about a guy named mr.x who dresses in all black and has a suitcase and does not talk. So from that day on they have been searching for him they even went into his house 2 times. One day Georges got in the elevator with a man who looked exactly like the Safer explained but he talked. So Georges had a talk with safer and it turns out there was no guy named mr.x he was just a guy who safer  walked his dog. So Georges got really mad and vowed never to talk to safer again. by AW5

 I read Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew The fashion Disaster Book #6 By:Carolyn Keene.
I thought the book was a great fit for me cause I like mystery books, I thought the book had great clues 
in them. I thought Nicki was the one who had switched the biscuits that Lola liked but it was Peter but he did it by accident.

Something else is, that I would not be embarrassed to have a famous poodle the came from a shelter because Maya which is one of the contest's owner was embarrassed.One of the clues i had liked was when The clue Crew found pieces of paper in the trash can and they had put them together and then it spelled "I know your secret"and it came from Peter. by ML





Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus