Maya Summarizes Two Books
Matilda was the third book I read. The main character is
Matilda. She is six years old and her
mother and father don’t like her. She likes
to read and do math. One day her father makes a deal and Matilda gets to go to
school. The school wasn’t what she expected. I would not want to go that school at
all. The principal was mean and didn’t
like kids. I would rate this book a three of five stars. The book didn’t grab me and take me in. I prefer books that give a lot of detail and
imagination.
The Tale of
Despereaux was the last book I read for the summer. The book was pretty good but it didn’t take
me into the story in the beginning . The
deeper I got into the story the more interesting it became. I thought the most interesting part of the
book was when Despereaux got into jail.
He almost died because of the rats. Roscuro who is a rat doesn’t like eating
mice and told the Rat leader that he would eat Despereaux except he didn’t. That begins a friendship between a rat and a
mouse. Despereaux was very adventuros
and liked taking risks. Their friendship
was full of adventure.