DragonSong by Logan
The last book I read this summer was DragonSong by Ann McCaffrey. I first found out about this book through my dad who loves the series. He gave me DragonSong as a gift. The book is about a girl named Menolly who wants to be a harper but only boys can be harpers. A harper is a professional musician for the town. Menolly runs off and ends up meeting fire lizards, smaller versions of dragons. Dragons are creatures that humans have to impress to become their riders. They can travel through time, breathe fire and fly. A long time ago the first threadfall came. Threadfall is like rain but instead tiny red threads which die in water fall to earth and dig down deeper and deeper killing all plants and animals until they hit rock. If the threads hit humans on the way down, they are injured or killed. People soon learned that fire destroys the threads so they used dragons to stop the threads from touching the surface. This book had a slow start but interesting characters. I give it an 8.8.