In Between

Hello Thunder and Lightning Community,

Thank you for sharing your thinking about your reading. I hope you're reading each other's entries. If you still have some books to choose and read, I recommend reading what your colleagues have written. I hope they will inspire you.


Like Mrs. McCallihan, I too made some plans for in between the end and beginning of school. Mostly I have been thinking about how to rearrange the walls in my house. I have been thinking that my project of rearranging the walls is a lot like the kind of work we do in STEAM.

In STEAM we practice the Engineering and Design Process.  If I wrote about all of my process this would be a very long and boring entry. Here is a summary of what I have been thinking:


Ask- How can Noah have his own room?

Imagine- I spent weeks drawing and redrawing plans about how we could get Noah his own room. Sometimes it felt like I was wasting time, and I was always surprised when redrawing or reanalyzing my plan lead to a new idea. It wasn't a waste of time at all, but it was hard to not jump ahead. I did a lot of revising during this stage.

Plan- I planned out the weeks we had left. I asked different people to come help us move and build the walls. I thought about all the things we had to move out in order to make way for the new walls. I found places to store things.

Create- Finally! We started moving walls. It took lots of people and lots of collaboration. Sometimes we work together and sometimes we worked independently.

Revise- While the walls were being created I had to keep making revisions to my plans. Sometimes things took more time than we thought. Sometimes the electricity would stop working... Sometimes there would be a leak.


And I have been noticing how long the in between lasts in the Engineering and Design Process.  It feels like f-o-r-e-v-e-r since I started asking about this project. I am still not finished, but I am very close.

Hope you're enjoying your in between,
Ms. Choi

Popular posts from this blog

Recently...

More than One Way to Solve a Problem

Summary by Justus