Two Summaries from Vera
Nancy Drew The Bungalow Mystery
Nancy and Helen are saved by an orphan Laura. Laura goes to live with Mr. and Mrs. Aborn. But really they are 2 criminals. Nancy becomes good friends with Laura finding the real Aborns. To Nancy’s surprise, the 2 fakes were wanted all around the state!
If I were Nancy I would feel scared roaming through others’ houses. Why did Laura run away instead of talking to the Aborns? Why does Nancy do all that work? Once Nancy and Mr. Aborn were out of the basement, why didn’t they call the police?
The Tale Of Despereaux
How does a mouse fall in love with a princess? I don’t know! The whole story was about a rat, a mouse, and girl named Migg. [And a princess!] The rat wants light, the mouse is trying to protect the princess, and Migg wants nothing more than to be the princess.
Why couldn’t the rat just ask for light? How can someone trade their own daughter?